Is The War on Drugs Working?
Former undercover police officer and drug law activist Neil Woods explores the origins of the global drug war, especially in the USA — where drug prohibition was always about who was perceived to be using drugs, rather than about the drugs themselves.
First, Chinese immigrants who worked on railways, then black people with their apparently 'strange' music, and then Mexicans. Domestic racism shaped drug policy in the USA but then became a global moral crusade. A fanatical obsession has driven foreign policy in relation to drugs.
The UK Misuse of Drugs Act in the UK has established our nation as a subjugated colony to U.S. moral imperialism. Will things continue this way?
Venue: Texture MCR, Northern Quarter
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
Tickets here: bit.ly/2vlUQDT
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. MCR Talks at Night: is your Dog Misunderstood? bit.ly/2pPDZK5
2. MCR Talks @ Night|10 Commandments of Entrepreneurship: bit.ly/2v1TMGS
3. MCR Talks @ Night | MCR Zombies: Spice on the Streets: bit.ly/2tFXnXQ
4. MCR Talks @ Night | Is There a Psycho in Your Life? bit.ly/2v1wjG7
5. MCR Talks @ Night| Psychology of Conspiracy Theories: bit.ly/2v1mxn8
6. MCR Talks @ Night|UK Drug Gangs: 14 Years Undercover: bit.ly/2u1u6WJ
7. MCR Talks @ Night | Pimp Your Linkedin: bit.ly/2v0qIQv
8. MCR Talks @ Night| Weird Science: An Introduction: bit.ly/2uESOyp